State of Delaware 225th Anniversary
Browning Citori White Lightning 12 ga. Collectible Firearm
The State of Delaware 225th Anniversary Special Edition is a Collector’s Grade Browning Citori White Lightning 12 ga. Over and Under shotgun with blued barrells. The receiver is plated in 24-karat gold with the engraved artwork defined with jewelry-grade nickel, a beautiful canvas for this work of art!
Delaware Old State Capitol, was originally commissioned by Kent County as the Kent County Court House, and was constructed between 1787 to 1791. The governments of Kent County and the State of Delaware shared used of the building from 1791, when the name changed to The State House, until 1873. The state continued to use the building until 1933, when the General Assembly moved to Legislative Hall.
Fort Delaware is a harbor defense facility built in 1859 on Pea Patch Island in the Delaware River. During the American Civil War, the Union used Fort Delaware as a prison for Confederate prisoners of war. The fort and the island currently belong to the Delaware Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control and encompasses a living history museum, located in Fort Delaware State Park.
Battle of Cooch’s Bridge. On September 3, 1777 over 800 Americans forming the Light Infantry Corps of Brigadier General William Maxwell engaged about 2,000 British Light Infantry and Hessian and Anspach “Jägers” (light infantry) in a series of skirmishes ending at Cooch’s Bridge. The Battle of Cooch’s Bridge was the opening engagement of the Philadelphia Campaign of 1777, and is the only Revolutionary War battle fought on what became First State soil, and marked the first time the Stars and Stripes was flown in battle.
Wilmington & Western Railroad. Chartered in 1867 to move goods between the mills along the Red Clay Creek and the Port of Wilmington, The Wilmington & Western Railroad officially opened for freight and passenger service October 1872. Much of the line ran through the Red Clay Valley, bustling in the late 19th Century with farms, small villages and water-powered mills. Today, the Wilmington & Western Railroad, operating now as a popular non-profit, continues to run regular steam- and diesel-powered tourist trains along 10-miles of track between Greenbank and Hockessin.
Thomas West, 3rd Baron De La Warr,was the Englishman after whom the bay, the river, and, consequently, an American Indian people and U.S. state, all later called “Delaware”, were named.
Fouteen Foot Bank Lighthouse is located in the lower part of the Delaware Bay on the western side of the shipping channel. The “Victorian” structure, was the first US Lighthouse to be built on a submarine foundation with the caisson sunk by a pneumatic process — 20 feet down into the shoal. Its 4th order Fresnel lens was first lit on December 1, 1886. Sometime during the 1930’s, the entire cast-iron structure, including the “hip roof” privy located at the railing on the northwest side, was repainted white with black trim and remains the same today. Although automated and without keepers since 1972, its beacon still provides safe passage to all ships traveling the Delaware Bay.
ONLY 100!! will ever be produced! Reservations are accepted in the order in which they are received. To find out more information, please call Brian Nesby, Rocky Mountain Firearms (888) 742-4867 or Jim Combs, Wellington LTD (970) 215-0677.